Sunday, March 12, 2006

Ayiti Encore

Salut, tous -
Je suis arrivee! Interestingly enough, coming here a second time doesn't seem nearly as bad as the first. Maybe I've just become conditioned to being in desolate places, but what was shocking before seems mundane this time around.

Our drivers mixed up the time at the airport, so we had to negotiate for a taxi (managed to find people with uniforms, name tags, and a labelled cab for those of you who worry at this) - two years ago, that would have been incredibly scary. This time? I figured I'd try my hand at bargaining, managed to get a decent price, and had a nice chat with the driver (in French) on our way up the hill. I probably could've gotten something cheaper, but I'd rather take the above-board company than one of the unmarked 1995 Landrovers.

So we've made it to the hotel - I'm a bit exhausted, having woken up at 4 this morning, but I'll manage through the meeting I have in 10 minutes, have some dinner and watch Gray's Anatomy. That's right, folks - I'm finally in a country where the time zone and the TV channels are the same. Yikes, it's all a bit too luxurious for my taste!

Anyway, stay tuned - I'll be posting regularly this week, most likely to complain about the food...
Ooop! Power just went out. Something to get used to again.

A bientot...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home