Friday, September 30, 2005

Et In Amman Ego...

So, after a delayed flight, a nonexistent driver, and a reservation-less hotel, I am now in Amman, Jordan (for the next 7 hours, at least). Amman has managed to set a record of its own - my (impromptu) cab driver from the airport asked me out on the way to the hotel.

I'll give him a little credit for sheer gumption, but when you've been travelling for 26 hours, let's think about things you're willing to consider. Stopping for coffee with a stranger in a city you've never seen at 9:30 pm? Not on the list.

I'm not sure I can handle the 7-hour daytime layover that I had this morning (the lucky and unforseen upgrade to business class, however, I am quite sure I can handle). I fell asleep on the plane to Amman without even realizing it - before we even took off!

In other news, my country clearance came through by email today, so apparently the State Department is A-OK with sending me off to play in Irbil. Way to cut it close, World's Greatest Bureaucracy...

On the detail level, I find it totally weird that Diet Coke is different in Palestine and Jordan. It's "Coke Light" here, and there's a pull-tab, rather than a pop-top. Just in case anyone was curious. Also incidentally, mayonnaise should not be an ingredient in caesar salad. FYI.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

It's Coke Light everywhere in the world except North America and the British Isles. It's sweeter, too.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home