Monday, January 08, 2007

Ah, Ye Imperial Masters

Greetings from London! Yes, I've actually gone somewhere nice for a change. The only thing is, this is the only place in the world where I get reminded that I'm one of the poor colonial relations! I don't think I've ever been here when the exchange rate is this bad, and even though I'm not spending my own money, it's still kind of horrifying to pay $4 for a cup of coffee (literally, just drip coffee...)

Incidentally, I broke my previous record, and was asked for directions before even leaving the airport. Fortunately, I DO know the fastest way into the city, so that worked out OK. In any event, my day really had no good stories attached to it, so I'll keep this brief. Actually, I also haven't slept in about 48 hours, for a whole host of silly reasons, so now I think I'm going to crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home