Monday, October 23, 2006

Gnawing it off at the elbow

Well, the title of this post was going to be "Biting the hand that feeds you," but I didn't think that was quite appropriate. I needed a bit more extremism.

I'm back in the US now, after spending 4 days in Amman, rather than 1. Why? Because Israel wouldn't let me cross the border. Oh, yes, that's right. That day, they turned away a bunch of people with American passports that were trying to go to the West Bank. Among them, me - with my travel letter on US government letterhead, and a French guy who works for UNICEF.

Yup, that's right. UNICEF. Because everyone knows that the safety and security of the world is put in jeopardy by UNICEF.

I'm actually too angry to write about this yet, but someday, I'll describe it all in great detail. Preferably in a major newspaper. Or on CNN. Just wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home